We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which we process personal data provided by you. Please read the following carefully.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is [HOME DIAMOND LTD] of [118 Long Acre , Preston, Lancashire, United Kingdom, PR5 8HQ].
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you in the following ways:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on this site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or so as to enable you to make purchases of goods or services offered by us via the site. We may also ask you for information from time to time connection with offers, promotions or competitions, or if you wish to report a problem to us.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of the details provided by you and any subsequent correspondence.
· We may conduct surveys from time to time, completion of which is entirely optional, and use any information so provided for research purposes.
· Details of transactions carried out by you on this site.
· Details of visits made by you to our site and pages viewed or resources accessed, and information copmprising (but not limited to), traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether for our own billing purposes or otherwise.
· [DESCRIBE ANY OTHER TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED]
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system maintenance and administration; and where appropriate to report aggregate statistical information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and habits, and does not identify you as an individual.
PERSONAL DATA STORAGE
All personal data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are solely responsible for keeping this password confidential and we require that you do not share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Having received your personal data, we shall look to follow strict procedures and security features to do as much as possible to mimimise the risk of any unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information supplied by you in the following ways:
· To ensure that content on our site is presented in the most effective way.
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you, but only if you have consented to be contacted in this way.
· To carry out our obligations to you in the event of your purchasing goods or services.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site.
· To notify you about changes to our services.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone; but only if you have given your permission for us to use your data in this way.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or text) with information about goods and services similar to those which you have previously purchased.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please indicate this by completing the relevant option as shall be given to you on our site.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users; and may use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group from time to time , which means any subsidiary, or any ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If either we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by completing the relevant option at the point we collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us by post or email.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.